Julie Foucher Sets World Record
The athlete begins standing behind barbell. At the call of “3-2-1 … Go!” the athlete may reach down and begin deadlifting. Once they complete 7 deadlifts, he or she will move to a set of rings and begin performing muscle-ups. Once 7 muscle-ups are completed, the athlete will move back to the barbell and begin his or her second round of deadlifts. Once a total of three rounds of deadlifts and muscle-ups are complete, the athlete moves on to the wall ball shots.Once the athlete completes 21 wall ball shots, he or she moves to the pull-up bar and begins performing toes-to-bars. Once 21 toes-to-bars are complete, he or she begins the second round of wall balls. Once a total of 3 rounds of wall ball shots and toes-to-bar are complete they move on to the farmer carry.Each athlete will carry a pair of dumbbells 100 feet across the stadium past a box to the designated area and begin burpee box jumps. Once 28 reps are complete, the athlete will carry his or her pair of dumbbells back across the stadium to the designated area by his or her set of rings. Once the athlete completes 3 muscle-ups, the workout is complete.
Time cap: 17 minutes
The athlete’s score is the total time for completing the workout. If he or she does not finish the entire workout within the 17-minute time cap, their score is 17:00, plus a one second penalty for each rep not completed. Each farmer carry counts as one rep. If an athlete cannot complete the three rounds of deadlifts and muscle-ups, he or she cannot advance to the CrossFit Games.
This is a traditional deadlift with the hands outside the knees. Sumo deadlifts are not allowed. Starting at the floor, the barbell is lifted until hips and knees reach full extension with the shoulders behind the bar. The arms must be straight throughout.
Deliberate bouncing of the barbell is not allowed. Dropping the barbell after the completion of the repetition is permitted. Hitching is permitted, as long as full extension of the knees and hips is eventually reached.
Deadlift, bottom position
Deadlift, top position
In the muscle-up, the athlete must pass from a hang below the rings to support above. At the bottom, the arms must come to a full lock out (with or without a “false grip”) with the feet off the ground. At the top, the elbows must fully lock out while supporting yourself above the rings. A kipping muscle-up is allowed, but the heels may not raise above the height of the rings. Swings or rolls to support are not permitted (if the athlete is kipping, a change of direction under the rings is required).
Muscle-up, bottom position
Muscle-up, top position
In the wall ball shots, the medicine ball must be taken from the bottom of a squat, hip crease below knee, and thrown to hit the 10-foot target above the bottom of the sticker. If the ball hits low or does not hit the target, it is no rep. If the ball is not caught between reps, it must come to a full stop on the ground. Catching the ball bouncing off the floor is not permitted.
Wall ball, bottom position
Wall ball, top position
In the toes-to-bar, the athlete must go from a full hang to having the toes touch the pull-up bar. Both feet must touch the bar together, inside the hands. The arms and hips must be fully extended at the bottom and the feet must be brought back to behind the bar, not out front.
Toes-to-bar, top position
Toes-to-bar, bottom position
In the farmer carry, the athlete must carry both dumbbells in the hang position from the specified starting area to the specified finish area approximately 100 feet away. The dumbbells must be carried in the athlete’s hands at his or her sides. Holding the dumbbells on the shoulders, or any other way, is not allowed. If the dumbbells are set down prior to the designated finish area, the athlete may not make any forward progress until the dumbbells are once again in the hang position.
Burpee box jump:
The athlete must face the box at the bottom position, with the athlete’s chest and hips touching the ground. The athlete must come to his or her feet and must jump over the box to the other side where the athlete will start the next rep, again facing the box. The jump must be a two-footed jump. Landing on top of the box is allowed, but not required. Each rep, including the final rep, is complete once the athlete has jumped over the box.
From left to right: Burpee, bottom position; Box jump, on box; Burpee, bottom position; Box jump, over box
The sun is warmer, the days are getting longer and Memorial Day weekend is right around the corner. Who’s in shape? We know everyone that has been training with us is getting into that swimsuit figure they have been thinking about all Winter long while grinding out workouts in the cold warehouse we call our gym.
A few things we wanted to point out that will be happening over the next few weeks:
1. 100 Day Burpee Challenge (don’t forget your burpees)
3. Memorial Day Murph – http://memorialdaymurph.com/ Register, get a t-shirt and donate to a good cause and honor Lieutenant Michael P. Murphy as we do the WOD “Murph”
4. Lateness – we can’t have it. It interrupts class and, even worse, you don’t get a proper warm up in. In the spirit of the Burpee Challenge – Every minute late = 5 Burpees!
4. TELL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT US! LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! TAG YOUR PHOTOS! *Every Saturday in the month of May is Bring your Friends to CrossFit day! Let us know if you will be bringing a friend – you know that one that is always saying “man you look great, what are you doing?” or that other friend that’s saying “I wish I could look as good as you do!” Tell them it requires hard work, dedication and discipline and I know the perfect place for you to go!
5. CrossFit is hard! If it wasn’t then everyone would be doing it. When you sign up here you are making a commitment to a lifestyle change. You will go from whatever it was that you were doing before to what you will be doing now. You make a commitment to exercising regularly and pushing yourself to your limits and beyond. A comitment to change your diet and care about the fuel you are feeding your body. This is not a quick fix and if you’re looking for that then you should look somewhere else.
As a 2 Man/Woman Team Complete
100 Wall Balls
100 Ball Slams
100 Pull Ups
One person working at a time then
Together complete 50 4 count Mountain Climbers
Thank you for reaching out! Someone from our team will be in touch soon. Meanwhile, feel free to explore our website and learn more about our coaches, member stories, and class schedule. Thanks!
Complete this form to get in touch and learn more about how to come in for your first FREE class.